Polish alternative bands you should discover

Deep below my headbanging, metal-oriented surface lies a hidden hipster. My hunger for music turned my life into a never-ending journe...



Deep below my headbanging, metal-oriented surface lies a hidden hipster. My hunger for music turned my life into a never-ending journey in the search of new bands and artists. While on my way, I often stop to fall for something that doesn't sound metal at all. 

I also have tendency to praise not-so-famous artists. Musicians you're going to read about right now may be familiar to local fans, but are hardly known to people living outside boarders of Poland. I think they deserve a little more fame. 



Lilly Hates Roses



Indie pop duo comprised of Katarzyna Gołomska and Kamil Dulski debuted in 2013 with album "Something to happen". Sophomore production "Mokotów" was released in 2015 by Sony Music Poland. They remind me of Of Monster and Men is some way. 



Łąki Łan




On funky stage since 2002. If you were watching Eurovision and found Michał Szpak to be some kind of wacky, those guys will make your brain explode. Probably the crankiest and most inventive guys out there. They have tendency to put a lot of onomatopoeia-based neologisms and puns in their lyrics. 



Sorry Boys




Electronic/alternative rock band performing since 2006. First release titled "Hard Working Classes" came out in 2010. Another work "Vulcano" was released 3 years later.  


Curly Heads





Singer Dawid Podsiadło might be highly prolific when performing solo (his albums were sold in more than 200 thousands of copies together), but his band still seems to be heavily underrated. 

Krzysztof Zalewski





One of the best male voices in the history of Polish music. Back in the past he played hard rock/heavy metal and performed under the moniker Zalef. He also played the guitar for Loch Ness, band from Lublin. 

That's all for now. I hope you enjoyed listening. Maybe you know some nice underrated music from your country? You can tell me about it in the comments! 

0 komentarze